New Mexico boasts clear and sunny skies, but it can get unbearably hot during the summer. You’re free to crank up your air conditioner to keep your home comfortable, but this also means seeing a bump in your cooling bills. Luckily, there’s a way around this. All you need to do is leave your AC at the ideal temperature setting. The premier expert in new heating system installation, R.A. Biel Plumbing & Heating shares more.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees Fahrenheit. You’ll want to keep your AC at this temperature setting if you’re staying indoors. 78F (or 26 degrees Celsius) is enough to keep your home comfortable and avoid increased cooling costs. If your home still feels a bit muggy, that’s probably the excess moisture contained in the indoor air. You can get rid of the trapped moisture by investing in a good dehumidifier.
- Set your thermostat to 88 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s best to leave your AC set to this level if you’re away from home for at least two hours. By slightly raising the temperature, you’ll be able to slow down heat transfer into your home, helping prevent energy waste and higher air conditioning bills.
Other Ways to Maximize Summer Cooling Efficiency
Setting your air conditioner to a specific temperature should help maintain indoor comfort in your home (sans the raised energy bills). But you can take this even further with the right considerations. You should, for instance:
- Schedule a professional inspection and tune-up with a trusted new air conditioning installer like R.A. Biel Plumbing and Heating. By catching the early warning signs of an HVAC problem and having it dealt with promptly, you can prevent performance issues, or even breakdowns, from your air conditioner.
- Consider having ceiling fans installed to maximize your summer cooling efforts.
- Use curtains, blinds, and other coverings to limit sunlight and prevent heat from transferring into your home via the windows.
- Make sure the seals around your windows and doors remain airtight.
- Replace your old air conditioner with a newer, more energy-efficient one. R.A. Biel Plumbing and Heating offers high-quality cooling systems from Carrier®! We’ll be more than happy to help you decide on the best option.
Schedule an HVAC Consultation
Aside from quality plumbing repair, R.A. Biel Plumbing and Heating can also handle your summer cooling needs. With our exceptional solutions, we’ll make sure your home remains thermally comfortable and efficient this warm season. Get in touch with us by calling (505) 327-7755 or filling out this contact form. We remain the go-to specialist for superior HVAC services in Farmington, NM, and other areas in San Juan County.